Monday, August 30, 2010

Plethora

Dude1: Would you say I have a plethora of waves?
Dude2: A what?
Dude1: A "plethora."
Dude2: Oh yes, you have a plethora.
Dude1: Dude2, what is a plethora?
Dude2: Why, Dude1?
Dude1: Well, you told me I have a plethora. And I just would like to know if you know what a plethora is. I would not like to think that a person would tell someone he has a plethora, and then find out that that person has no idea what it means to have a plethora.
Dude2: Forgive me, Dude1. I know that I, Dude2, do not have your superior intellect and education. But could it be that once again, you are angry at something else, and are looking to take it out on me?

It seems the East and West coast have a plethora of waves, and I, while stranded on the shores of the Gulf, have none. The image above is from the recent swell that smacked the West Coast. Meanwhile, I'm praying for hurricanes – though just enough of one to generate swell, and preferably one that doesn't make landfall anywhere near Houston. Too much to ask?

No comments: