Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Panama: From East to West (or North to South, Depending)

Due to the shape of the country, Panama is an odd place to navigate. I'm used to thinking one coast is to my west and the other is to my east. Leaving Panama City for the Caribbean, the most direct route is heading north. To reach the Pacific one can head due South or straight West. I found myself constantly having to readjust my thinking. Fortunately, it's a small country. Traveling from one body of water to another can be done in nearly two hours, depending on where you are. It's a small country, but it's rich with culture and its infrastructure is being upgraded and evolving by the day. Construction projects along the highways were many, and the Panama Canal is in the process of being widened. It's one of the few countries in the world where the economy is said to be flourishing.

There are a few select images from a recent trip with my ladyfriend to what is now my favorite country in Central America. Images will come in groups, from the colors to the scenery to the defining landmarks of the country.

Isla Grande, Panama. Caribbean Ocean. April 2012
Parque Nacional Soberania. Panamanian Rainforest. April 2012
Playa Venao, Panama. Pacific Ocean. April 2012

No comments: