Thursday, April 22, 2010

Magazine Ad Campaign: Save our publications!

I've now come across this ad in New York Magazine and Esquire. Are they a plea for support? I found them interesting. But they seem to be preaching to the choir. If someone is seeing the ad, they are already thumbing through a magazine. The target audience are the readers who've turned to the web to get their content.

The impact of the ad campaign also makes me wonder if anyone even notices the ads. I stopped because the photo of Michael Phelps seemed completely out of place in New York, so it worked. For many other readers, not sure if that would be the case.

The second one is the second phase of the ad campaign, which will debut in June issues.

For the sake of my career and the continued presence of outlets for my work, I hope they work.


Images taken from the Hearst Corporation website. They were available for download.

No comments: